There are many server that provide hosting services. VPS is one of them and most popular use hosting service. Which you can choose to host your website. VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. Now we explain this term Firstly, Virtual means that it does not exist physically or we can’t see the server with our eyes. Now the term came Private server. Basically Private means something that own by you and no unauthorized access can access it. Server is like a computer that has RAM and CPU which process code and connect with internet 24/7. Thus Virtual Private Server allows many files and data to store for your website on webpage. It is the server that has own copy of operating system and allocated server resources.
Working Of VPS:
Now we talk about that How VPS hosting work? VPS a physical server holds multiple virtual server each confined from other. VPS needs a virtualization software called hypervisor. Hypervisor use segmentation process and each segment different from another segment. As it is stated by name that VPS is both virtual and private server so, it has complete control. And it is separate from other server on OS level. Moreover, best VPS hosting technology is useful in creating partition on your computer when we want to run more than one OS. OS like windows and Linux without a reboot. The virtual server that you are used will be reserve only for your work. And no one can share your RAM, CPU and other data.
It is also important to know which type of VPS is best. Some important and commonly use VPS names are:
Advantages of Virtual Private Server:
- Unlike shared hosting , the traffic and activities of other VPS customer will not effect your operation as it has stability.
- Moreover, it has no any restriction as it is flexible and every one has right to use and install the software you want for your server.
- It grant you a complete Root access. Root access means you will get complete control over your VPS account from configuration to installation.
- In Addition to it use similar level of services and features as that of dedicated server.
Disadvantages of Virtual Private Server:
- Usually if there is any error or fault in server. In that case, it should be recover by yourself or you must hire any person for this.
- Moreover, You need more responsibility in installing software, software patches maintain the security issue. which is not used in shared hosting. So for all this you must have complete technical knowledge.
- It has limited RAM, CPU, and server disk space.
- To control the working of VPS the webmaster must acquire high competence to use VPS.